Monday, April 06, 2009

Wolves and men, and the strange thoughts that go through my head in the middle of the night...

So, for the last week or so I've been reading a series of books that include werewolves as a lot of the main characters. And it gives them a lot of traits of normal wolves, especially the pack dynamics. There's a lot of discussion in the books about dominants, and heirarchy, and rank and status.

Now, all my life I've had an affinity for wolves. Other than the raptorial birds, wolves are probably the animals that I feel most ... I hesitate to say akin to, but you get the point anyways. So because I've always been interested in wolves, I have done a little looking into the way they work, and the pack dynamics and such.

But anyways... These books have got me thinking about that... If I was a wolf, where would I fit? Where would the people I know fit? And how would that change things?

I've been thinking about this a lot over the past weekend, and only managed to come to one firm conclusion... The person who would have been my Alpha is gone.

No comments: