Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When something sticks in my mind...

So apparently wolves have been on my mind lately. Not entirely surprising, since they're my favorite animal.

Well... My favorite animal that is commonly accepted to actually exist. :p Dragons, of course, most people just don't believe in.

Wolves... and Wer. Sometimes ~though not always~ together.

I read a series a while ago (as I'm sure you've seen as per my last post :p) that dealt a great deal with Alpha wolves. Some of my favorite books (which I plan on reading next) are about Wer-Dragons. Right now, I'm reading a book that has brought up an interesting new idea... an Omega wolf.

When I haven't been reading, I've spent some of my spare time playing around online as my very own Fairy, in Pixie Hollow.

All together, in one way or another, these things have got me thinking about a few new ideas.

First... I started wondering about Wer. What kind of Wer have I heard or read about? What kind of Wer have I imagined? ... What kind of Wer would I be, if I could be Wer? I didn't really get very far with this idea... Other than to have some sort of vague ideas about a Wer-fox.

But then I got back to thinking about Wer and wolves, and Alphas, and now Omegas... And that's when the idea really hit me.

My main character isn't a Wer... but she probably should have been.

I can't decide if only one of her parents was Wer, or if both of them were. Either way, she was born human.

With a slight twist... *evil grin*

She still has the instincts, the personality, of any other wolf. And being female, and not any normal wolf ~wolves don't usually like what's different~ she is decidedly submissive.

The long and the short of the story ~or at least the idea behind the story~ is that she is, for one reason or another, alone in the world without her parents or her pack, and trying to figure out how to deal with her wolfish nature in a human world.

She doesn't have a name yet, but she's already an interesting character. I'm really looking forward to working with her, and telling her story.

No comments: