Monday, January 30, 2006

I know, I know, and I'm sorry...!

I know that it's been forever. I really do mean to update more regularly, but it never seems to work out that way.

Work has still been really busy. Today was quiter though, which was nice. I'm still doing reception on Thursdays and Fridays, and helping with reception (as well as the filing and scanning) on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Thankfully they've been very good about making sure that I get Wednesday afternoons off, and I'm going to be looking into taking a full Wednesday off in the next few weeks. I've been learning a few new things lately too. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about some of them, but learning new things can't be all bad. And they say that stepping outside your comfort zone a little is a good thing, and this is definately outside my comfort zone!

Duncan has been really busy lateley working on an entry for a contest. If he wins, he'll get an interview at a company he's wanted to work for almost forever. Like I said though, it's kept him busy for the last few weeks, and I haven't seen too much of him in the evenings. The entries are all due in tonight though, so then we'll see what happens. I'm really hoping that he'll do well. The idea is really good, and I'm sure that his writing will be great too.

So we got that DVD that I was talking about before... The musical. It was really good! We didn't watch it all in one night, cause it's really long, but there's an intermission in the middle, so that made a good place to break. I really recommend it!

So our games night was this past Saturday, and it was so great! We had about ... *counts* ...9 people, and everybody had tons of fun! There was a game of Munchkin, and of Apples to Apples (which Matt brought... It's a really interesting game, and I think we'll look into getting it sometime!), and then Cranium. I didn't play much, but I had a lot of fun watching everyone else play, and helping out once in a while. There was also another really fun game, called let's figure out how you get your piercing out! And then, once we got them out, we played lets get it back in again! See, Lindsey has a lip ring, and I've got my right helix done. We both wear rings with balls in them, but nobody had ever explained to us how they come out! We knew they didn't screw in, but other than that we were lost! Thankfully Rob and Dano have both had rings like this (Dano in her eyebrow, and Rob in his helix), and so they showed us. Lindsey's ring needed to be bent out before we could get the ball back in again though! And then we lost her ball and everyone spent almost 10 minutes crawling around on the floor tryng to find it! It was actually kind of fun!

I had kind of a miserable day today though... For some reason it was just one of those days where you feel like bursting into tears and you don't know why. All I wanted to do was come home and go to bed. I don't feel so bad now, but I felt pretty down earlier. I couldn't really focus, either... Anyways I feel better now, at least a little bit. Just sitting around and watching "The 10th Kingdom."

But I guess that's all I know for now... If I think of anything later I'll come back.

No comments: