Friday, January 13, 2006

Oops...!

I know that it's been a while, and I'm sorry. Work and life has been insane, and in all truth I haven't felt like doing all that much.

I still don't feel quite comfortable with my new responsibilities at work, and to be honest, I almost feel like I'm letting people down. I hate letting people down. I don't know what to do about it though... I'm not as comfortable with the new office managers as I was with the one who retired, and I don't know why. I guess I could call her and talk about it, but I feel like that would be telling tales out of school.

I've finally been working towards finishing the cross stitch pictures that I started for my step mom and for Duncan's parents for Christmas in '04. I feel like they're coming together, even though they're both a lot of work. Once I'm done those, I'm not sure what I'll do next... Maybe something for my grandma Vance... Even though, to be totally honest, I'm a little uncomfortable about stitching anything for her; she's just so good at it herself I feel like anything I do will be like drawing a stick figure for DaVinci, or giving Tchaikovsky the sheet music for "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!" I know she won't see it that way, but I feel that way.

Duncan and I use this online DVD rental service, where we get DVD's sent to us by mail (up to 4 at a time with the program that we use), we can keep them as long as we want, and we can see as many as we want a month. I just signed up to rent one called "Into the Woods," and it's a DVD that's basically the Broadway show on film (from what I understand). I really hope it gets here soon! See, I basically fell in love with this show when my older sister's high school did it. I think we saw it twice during the run! Then, it came to the Citadel, and my mom and I went to see it. I've seen the DVD in stores, but because it's a low numbers printing, it's really expensive (like $55 or something, which is fine for a box set of several movies, but for one that doesn't even have special features, it's a little pricey). Anyways, I've wanted Duncan to see it, so when I found out that this DVD service carries it I put it on our list and ASAP'd it right away!

Duncan and I are trying to have another games night soon... on Jan 28. I really hope that more people come than last time. The good thing is that 2 people have already said they'd be there, barring unforseen circumstances, so it should be lots of fun. Then I'll have to think about if I'm gonna do anything for my birthday.

No comments: