Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Not too bad so far!

Well, what do you know!
Second day, second post!
It's Wednesday, so I'm home from work for the afternoon. Gotta love time off! I've got big plans for this afternoon! I'm gonna have a bath, work on either writing or thank you notes from the wedding, and get dinner started! Hopefully, I might get even more than that done, but I'm not making any promises.

I get my stitches out tomorrow! For those of you I haven't told yet, I cut my hand last Thursday while I ws cutting apples to go with our pork roast for dinner. The knife slipped and I got 3 stitches in the palm of my left hand. Nice neat ones. The doctor who did them would be more than willing to do any mending I might have! *laugh* Thankfully they come out tomorrow, and I can go back to a regular life of washing dishes and taking showers once I don't have to worry so much about keeping it dry. Believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to being able to wash dishes again!

As for my writing, that's something I'm really trying to challenge myself to do more. There's so many ideas in my head though, and sometimes I have a hard time keeping them seperate from one another. That's where I've had problems before with stories... I'd just keep adding ideas as I got them until the story got so big that it either a) didn't make sense any more, or b) got so huge that it died a painful death suffocating under its own weight.
Hopefully now that I'm a little older I'll be more disciplined about that, but there's still the whole matter of actually writing. I've got a great idea right now though, and it's started, I just have to finish a draft and then round it out. It's not a novel by any means, at least not right now, but it has potential for growing into one eventually. I just have to keep at it, and not let it get too far ahead of me.

Oh well, best be off or none of this stuff is going to get done!

No comments: