Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Christmas is coming!

Well, tomorrow is the first of December, and that means it's almost time to start counting down for Christmas! I remember when I was a kid, and I would have those chocolate advent calenders... I used to love those. When I took German in high school my German teacher showed us a few advent candles... Ones with 25 marks on them and you burn down to the next mark each day. Those were pretty cool too. There was a few years that my mom made an advent calender for us. We each had a santa with 24 pockets, and then Mom would fill the pockets with different stuff; pencils, an ornament, chocolate, stuff like that. Those were cool too.

Duncan and I bought our Christmas tree last night, and a whole bunch of lights and ornaments. We got it all at Walmart. The trees not the nicest tree in the world, but it's nice, and it wasn't $200 like the ones we looked at at Sears or the Bay. The decorations are nice though, and so are the lights. We're gonna put it up tonight. We decided to go with just a few colors for the tree, so most of the ornaments we got are blue, red, and gold, with a few white ones tossed in. I think it'll look really nice, and I'm really excited about putting it up.

Duncan's staff Christmas party is this Saturday. We need to go shopping for a few things to give as gifts... We each have to take a new gift and a regift. I don't know what to give as a regift. I think we might still have one of the regifts that we got last year, but I have to find it... It was the UGLIEST Santa-shaped pump bottle for liquid soap. The UGLIEST. I know I've seen it since we moved in, but I don't know where we put it.

3 weeks until we leave for Saskatchewan. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I mean, I'm excited to be part of Duncan's family's Christmas traditions, but I really will miss my own family. I'm sure things will all turn out okay, though.

No comments: