Monday, November 28, 2005

Home sick and can't sleep!

I'm home sick from work today... And feeling absolutely miserable. My throat hurts, my chest is tight, and I feel like I'm having problems breathing. I slept on the couch for a while, and then tried to go back to bed, but I couldn't sleep cause I kept hearing noises. You know, bumps and creaks and stuff; all the noises that make you wonder if someone else is in your house, even when you know no one is.

So I'm up and on my computer on the couch.

Hopefully, if I can't get back to sleep, I'll get some writing done. I've got a great idea I've been working on, and it would be nice to get some more done on it. It's just a short story for now, but it has great potential to turn into a novel one day.

See, it's about this girl who has never fit into her town. The townsfolk and the nobility that live near by are all very set in reality, and have no use for anything different or mysterious or fantastical. They're all very superstitious, and won't let moonlight touch them, and they won't go into, or even talk about, the forest on the very edge of town. This girl is different, even though she tries to hide it. She prefers moonlight to sunshine, and likes to walk along the edge of the forest. One day the village witch (cause every village, no matter how superstitious, has to have an old crazy woman who's actually a witch), explains to this girl that she's really not like the others, that she was found as a baby on the edge of the forest. She's different because she's fairy-touched, and she has magic and mystery and the forest in her blood.

That's about as far as I've gotten so far. I have ideas for where it's going to go from here, but I have to figure out just how to get the first stuff down on paper first. Maybe I'll do some of that today if I can't sleep.

Wish me luck, and hope that I get better soon. I can't really afford to be off work... It's too busy!

No comments: