Monday, February 16, 2009

Counting down...

Well, I find myself on a borrowed computer, counting down the days until I hear from Future Shop again...
I have been having problems with the disc drive on my laptop (otherwise referred to as my "girlfriend" ... don't ask why... ) for the last few months. I wasn't worried about it, cause I don't use it too much. I didn't think I'd bought a service plan when I'd bought the laptop, and it just wasn't worth the cost to get the bloody thing replaced.
Until today...
My lady fell off the couch, and landed quite nicely on the power connector... which snapped.
That was when I found out that I had in fact bought a 3-year extended warranty. Since I was taking it into the shop anyways to confirm that I had just snapped the head off the cord and not damaged the connector itself, I decided to get the disc drive replaced.
The news was not exactly good...
As I had expected, the service plan does not cover the cord, as that was physical damage. According to the guy at the shop, I'd be looking at about $200 for a new one. (since we got home I have found other options, thank god...)
As for the disc drive... They think that they can replace it. But my lady will be in the shop for the next month or so.
Which means that I'm without my lady until then, and I'm borrowing Duncan's old laptop from when he was in NAIT...
She's nothing like my own lady, and I'm finding it awkward to use her, so I don't know how much I'll be online or how much writing I'll get done. I know that this sounds retarded, but working on someone else's computer just isn't the same as working on my own.
I can't express how frustrated and upset about this I am... Though the few of you that know me really well and recall the time just before I got my last computer may have some ideas what my reaction was to this whole mess.
One of the worst parts of this is that I probably won't have my computer for my birthday.
Wish me luck over the next few weeks (and believe me, I desperately ask for your wishes!!!), and I hope to be back as soon as possible!

No comments: